Holy cow time flies! So we have barely over a month before we move to TN. Which is crazy! We've been talking about it forever, but now it's getting really close and I'm not sure I ever believed the med school thing would happen. Sometimes it all seems like a dream. Or if you ask me 6 months from now a homework-ridden nightmare. I am excited though.
So for the past 2 weeks I've been working at Tahitian Noni putting bottles of juice into cardboard boxes for shipping. And my next job will be "doctor". That's a bit of a jump. On the upside, one of the guys I work with is Navajo, so I have been learning some of the language. The only thing is that he doesn't really speak it, so anything I want to learn how to say I have to get him to ask his mom. Which is fine, it just takes longer. So far I have learned ya'ah'tee' which means hello (the apostrophes are glottal stops) and Azee' thlini', niishli' naa'h'ahato' which means Trust me, I'm a doctor. That's my new phrase of interest by the way, so anyone reading this, if you know any more please write in! I also opened up the discussion to my med school class and got a bunch! I'll post a comprehensive list later.
So I want to write at least once a week from here on out, and I'm toying with starting a new blog about my med school adventures, but we'll see if that goes anywhere. So in other news, I got to teach Sunday School at church, which was fun, April and I hiked the Y which was fun, and Suvi is now on Youtube! Which is awesome. So life is good right now. I'll write soon, but until then, here's the link for Suvi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS67Ue0x7gM
No comments:
Post a Comment