Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I Never Thought I'd See the Day

Today something crazy happened at work. So we all had to get there at 7 AM to clear the floor in A Bay because it was getting too crowded to walk. The morning was busy and productive, I finally got to finish that cutting order that I started on Monday, and then the whole world turned upside down. So Jon made me tell my favorite math joke again, even though he told me not to tell it to anyone the first time he heard it. Even though it's hilarious. Then I told Teran that I saw the funniest t-shirt ever the other day and it said, "Wanted: Schrödinger's Cat. Dead and Alive." Isn't that hilarious!? So he laughed and was like "That's a good one." So we started talking physics and then (are you ready for this?) he out-nerded me. He remembered the 6th type of quark that I always forget. The charmed quark. Then it turns out he's one of those that considers "dark" as a color option for quarks. Man, he really doesn't seem like the super nerd type to me, but you never know 'till you ask right? He also remembers more about supersymmetry than I do, but I know about the experiments and he's never done any of them, and certainly never done them in his basement with a piece of cardboard, a knife, and a flashlight (like I did on my mission). So I can still feel good about my nerdliness. But mark this day on your calendars for future years, Ben Willford got out-nerded at work. The end truly is nigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment